Types Of Money Transfer In Ghana
There are several types of money transfer services available in Ghana, some of which include:
- Bank-to-bank transfer: This method allows you to transfer money from one bank account to another within Ghana, using the recipient’s bank account number and routing number.
- Mobile money transfer: This method allows you to transfer money from one mobile money account to another within Ghana, using the recipient’s mobile money number.
- Cash pick-up: This method allows you to transfer money to a cash pick-up location in Ghana, where the recipient can collect the money in cash.
- Online money transfer services: This method allows you to use companies like Western Union, MoneyGram, WorldRemit, and Xoom to send money to bank accounts, mobile money accounts, and cash pick-up locations in Ghana.
- Cryptocurrency: This method allows you to use digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin to send money to Ghana.
Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as fees, transfer times, and security. It’s important to compare the fees, exchange rates, and transfer times of different methods before deciding which one to use. Additionally, you should also check the legal compliance and the security of the method you are choosing before making a transfer.
RemitM is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.
All clients’ funds are held in a dedicated client account separate from RemitM’s funds, in line with our regulatory framework and consistent with good practice.
We earn no interest from holding client funds, as your payments and transfers are not held by us and are remitted to recipients upon receipt.
Your data is transmitted in a secure way and all password data is encrypted.