Send Money Online To Ghana
To send money online to Ghana, you have several options:
- Use Us
- Bank transfer: Many international banks offer international money transfer services. You will need to provide the recipient’s account number and routing number (for US banks) or IBAN (for international banks), as well as a SWIFT code for the recipient’s bank. You may also need to pay a fee for the transfer.
- Remittance companies: Companies such as Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, TransferWise, WorldRemit, and others, allow you to transfer money internationally at lower costs and better exchange rates than traditional banks.
- Online money transfer platforms: There are several online platforms such as Xoom, OFX, and Currencies Direct, that allow you to transfer money internationally.
- Mobile Money: Some mobile money providers such as MTN, Airtel, Tigo, Vodafone allow you to transfer money from your mobile phone account to another mobile phone account in Ghana.
- Cryptocurrency: You can also send money to Ghana using cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, which can be converted to local currency by the recipient.
It’s important to check the fees, exchange rates, delivery times, and any other terms and conditions, before sending money internationally, to ensure that you’re getting the best deal. Additionally, you should also check with your bank or the remittance company about any restrictions or regulations in Ghana to ensure a smooth transaction.
RemitM is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest.
All clients’ funds are held in a dedicated client account separate from RemitM’s funds, in line with our regulatory framework and consistent with good practice.
We earn no interest from holding client funds, as your payments and transfers are not held by us and are remitted to recipients upon receipt.
Your data is transmitted in a secure way and all password data is encrypted.